Top 3 Schengen Travel Visas for Indians
Many of us can’t deny the fact that we dream of visiting the European landscapes once in our lives. While the thought of visiting the beautiful countries of Europe, the process sometimes becomes an issue. But we are here to pull you out of your problems and confusion. We will help to clarify your decisions regarding a Schengen Visa. In this blog post, you will be better informed about the top 3 Schengen Travel Visas for Indians.
Let’s begin with the basics:
What is a Schengen Visa?
It is a short-term visa that gives you entry into the countries/areas part of the Schengen Area. It comprises access to 26 European countries. The visa is valid for a 90-day period. It allows multiple entries across countries falling within the ambit of the Schengen Agreement. This has facilitated free movement within the demarcated territories without worrying about applying for visas in numerous countries. Irrespective of the purpose of the visit, you are entitled to enter or leave any country within the permitted time of 90 days.
What are the types of Schengen travel Visas for Indians?
There may be various reasons on behalf of which you can apply for a Schengen Visa. We will look at the top 3 most preferred Schengen travel visas for Indians that you can use.
Schengen Tourist/Visit Visa: This is one of Schengen’s most preferred and applied types. Generally made for those visitors who wish to visit Europe for leisure, sightseeing, or holiday or visiting a family member or relative. The purpose remains short visits which are related to tourism only. You cannot expect to start working, studying or even reside on a tourist Visa.
To help you better understand the application process, let’s summarise the essential documentation required for applying and the process.
To apply for a Schengen tourist visa, you need to submit the following documents:
You will be required to provide the following:
- Begin by filling out the Schengen visa application form and signing it.
- Produce two recent passport-sized photos (Generally required with a white background and a neutral expression)
- Most crucial, have a valid Indian passport with at least two blank pages and three months of validity beyond your intended departure date from the Schengen Area.
- You must furnish a copy of your round-trip flight reservation, specifying your entry and exit dates and the name of the airline with which you will be travelling.
- Besides the airplane tickets, you must show a copy of your hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a host in the Schengen country you are visiting. This is in terms of a travel visa.
- Carry proof showcasing your health insurance, covering at least 30,000 euros for medical expenses and repatriation in an emergency.
- Another substantial proof is to show your financial soundness through bank statements, income tax returns, or salary slips, showing that you have enough funds to cover your expenses during your stay.
- A cover letter explaining the purpose and itinerary of your trip and the Schengen country you are applying to.
For study and Business Visas, the requirements will have to be tweaked a little bit. We will add the additional requirements from these primary basic requirements separately.
- Schengen Business Visa
This visa caters to the Indians who wish to relocate for professional reasons, it could include attending meetings, conferences, seminars, or some courses. Suppose you need any help to complete your business visa Application. In that case, you may contact any USA Visa Immigration Consultant in Dubai.
In addition to the primary documentation, you should also attach the following:
- A letter stating your job title, travel reason, and other details.
- Another letter from the business counterpart that you are visiting for, explaining the nature of business.
- Note: Providing past records of receipts and invoices from previous Schengen visits can strengthen your business visa application by demonstrating your history of legitimate business activities in the Schengen area
- Apart from this, one can apply for short-term Study visas, Medical Purpose visas, and Airport transit visas. An airport transit visa is used when you have a connecting flight with a layover in Europe. The application process is more straightforward as you don’t need accommodation or financial documents. However, you can’t leave the airport transit area during your layover.
While Medical reasons included visits to get a medical treatment.
Post-Submission of Application. Book Your Visa Appointment.
- You are required to book your Visa Appointment through a Visa Application Centre, whichever place is suitable for your convenience.
- We will advise you to have extra time to avoid last-minute hassles and Delayed appointments in peak seasons.
- Visit your centre at the appointed time schedule along with all your documentation. You will be made to answer basic questions as they will review your applicatio at the visa application centre.
- Apart from that you will have to deposit the Schengen visa fee will be collected. Your photo and fingerprints (biometric data) will be taken, and copies of your passport and supporting documents will be kept for further processing by the office.
You can apply for the Schengen Tourist Visa at the embassy of the Schengen country, that is your main destination. The tourist visa fee would cost you around INR-7500 (80 euros). It generally takes 15-20 days to process your Visa application after it has reached the designated office, but beware of the long waitlists for Visa Appointment.
Although there may be various different reasons one may wish to apply for a Schengen Visa, we tried to cover the top three types of Schengen Travel Visas for India. Suppose you find navigating the Visa Application process difficult or need any help. In that case, you can contact any Canada Visa Immigration Consultant in Dubai.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 How far in advance can I apply for a Schengen visa?
Answer. You can apply up to 6 months before your planned trip. For urgent/emergency travel, you may apply up to 15 days before departure.
Q.2 How many entries do I get while I have a Schengen Visa?
Answer. Well, it depends on the sanctioned visa type which specifies the no of entries you get. For example, You can also enter and exit the Schengen area multiple times with a Schengen visa, as long as it is a multiple-entry visa. A single-entry visa only allows you to enter and exit the Schengen area once.